Create this Fabulous Fish Pie and much more with the MSC Fish Pie Mix from Young’s Foodservice
Despite the trend for different types of global cuisine, there’s no denying that classic dishes such as Fish Pie remain popular with diners
Arecent poll ahead of British Pie Week, revealed that Fish Pie was the second most searched for pie recipe online; showing it’s a clear favourite with diners and certainly a dish which pubs and restaurants should look to include on menus.*
Thanks to the MSC Fish Pie Mix from Young’s Foodservice, creating the classic fish pie favourite couldn’t be easier. A delicious diced mix of Alaska Pollock & Pink Salmon sourced from the cool, clean waters of Alaska; the versatile mix offers operators an easy to use ingredient that can be prepared in a matter of minutes and cooked straight from frozen.
As well as for making Fish Pie, Young’s MSC Fish Pie Mix can be used by chefs to whip up a variety of other menu choices such as perfect pasta bakes and moreish Mexican tacos with a difference, making it an extremely
Classic Fish Pie Ingredients
• 400g mixed frozen Young’s fish
• 2 eggs hard boiled & quartered
• Handful of fresh baby spinach leaves
• 30g grated mature cheddar cheese
• 400ml milk
• 30g butter
• 30g plain flour
• 3tbsp double cream
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• 80g grated mature cheddar cheese
• Pinch of grated nutmeg
• Small bunch of fresh curly parsley chopped
• Salt & Pepper
• Maris Piper potatoes
• 60g unsalted butter
• 3 tbsp double cream
• Salt & Pepper
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°Fan/Gas 6.
2) Peel and chop the potatoes and boil until tender. Drain & mash with the butter, cream & seasoning.
3) To make the sauce, melt the butter, add the flour & cook gently for 2 minutes until thickened. Gradually whisk in the milk & bring to the boil, stirring continuously until sauce has thickened. Add the cheese, cream, mustard, nutmeg, seasoning & parsley. Cook for a further minute whisking all the time.
4) Pour enough sauce to cover the base of an oven proof dish. Add the fish pie mix, followed by the eggs, peas & spinach. Cover with the remaining sauce, top with the mash & sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
5) Bake in the centre of the oven for 40 – 45 minutes
For further information on Young’s Foodservice and more tasty recipe suggestions please call 0800 132 096 or visit www.youngsfoodservice.co.uk
*Based on a survey carried out by Great British Chefs,
Adrian Greaves, Foodservice Director at Young’s Foodservice says:
“We are extremely proud of the quality of our Young’s MSC Fish Pie Mix as well as the versatility it gives operators. It’s so easy to prepare that we hope it will encourage even the smallest of establishments to prepare fish dishes from scratch and help them to get creative with the fish dishes they decide to include on menus.”
Young’s MSC Fish
Pie Mix is available in pack sizes of 900g, the perfect size for busy establishments.